This is me who is sitting in a place far far away from my mother country writing the first long pending blog of mine. I was earlier living in Bangalore and the day my Husband broke the news that we are going to live for some years in a place which is called the 'Play Ground of the World', the beautiful and elegant Switzerland, I was literally shouting with joy because it was one of my dream places. I guess no one would say no to live in such a beautiful place. We sat together and discussed about my career and other stuff and I absolutely did not feel very bad to give up my current job then and to move here. Of course i felt bad the day i was asked to surrender my access card and all as it was my first job and i guess you people can understand how it feels not to be a part of the company which taught you a lot and gave you your first salary, your first owned scooty, your first credit card and above all the self confidence. Everything happened so fast and here we were in this beautiful apartment from where i can see the Alps while dining. I started my life here with so many dreams. I was completely dumb struck with its beauty. But then slowly I had started feeling completely out of place. I started asking myself that what the hell was I doing living in a place where i could not even understand the language people speak. Life has become boring especially for someone like me who had been partying and having fun back in my lovable country. I made my husband's life a living hell literally. My sweet husband had always been a very patient, understanding and loving man and he was trying his level best to keep me happy from the very first moment i set my foot here. Of course we kept going for short trips around very often but nothing seemed to cheer me up. Life which was always very beautiful and fun to me had become frustrating. All i was doing was browsing the net and talking to my family in India. I would always count the minutes and start cribbing the minute my hubby entered home from office.
Then one day, suddenly this thought flashed in my mind that people who keep complaining and doing nothing about them are plain losers. Oh My God, i thought that I am no loser. No one wants to be one though. I tried to prioritise things that i wanted in life and made sure that staying with my husband is always my first priority. I was already trying for a job and with all this language problem and economic recession, it was not an easy thing but of course I have not given up. So I decided that I should something which interests me and thus I started cooking.' Am I this good cook', this thought always comes to my mind these days whenever I cook which is almost every day. I could get each and every grocery here right from what is needed for chettinaad cooking which is one of my favourite cuisines. I started going for a gym and was surprised to see how refreshing these exercises keep you. I again began reading which I used to do a lot. I read each and everything on which I was able to lay my hands on. I am going for painting classes, learning German. Basically I am trying to explore where my interest lies so that I can take up some serious studies. I am still working on it and will pursue something soon. Slowly I got my life back on track.
Now I see this place where people speak a language which is bit similar to me, where people are being very friendly. I enjoy the sight of Alps when we eatJ. I have made some friends. I am able to recognise people and say grüezi (hi in Swiss German) to many who stay close by. I am starting to feel that i am again living my life. But the thought I had in the beginning was more surprising than frustrating because I never once had thought in my life that living in a new place will be this tough for me. But then some things will never change like love, chocolates, wine, my favourite tandoori chicken. Life is always full of happiness and fun when you live with your loved ones. When i say love, it changes obviously from person to person. But if you have that love in your life, Life is always Beautiful like some things will never change.
PS:I always have a great passion for writing and I hope you all will like my first blog. Comments are welcome which will help me understand how you all feel about this. Thanks everyone for your time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good writing.... Keep going.....
ReplyDeleteWriting a Blog is something of your kind will certanily do.... I thought u will do it soon... n u did....
Thanks karthik.u dont know how important ur comment is to me.Thanks again-
ReplyDelete